Wednesday, March 8, 2017

5 years pt2

Last Final.
It is the last final of my senior year. I have been studying for this exam like no exam before. I am sitting in the classroom fifteen minutes early like always looking over my notes for some last minute preparation. I feel pretty confident about how i am going to preform on this exam but I can't help but feel nervous.

The last straggler walks into the room just in time. As the professor hands out the exams I am feeling more nervous than ever. My hands are starting to feel clammy. I take a look at the exam and take a deep breath, i'm ready.

As I fill in the last question on the exam, and check to see if I answered all the questions, I feel confident. The last final is over. No more studying. No more reviewing flashcards. Now we just hope that my gut feeling is right and that I killed the last exam.  


Graduation day 2020
This attire is familiar, I haven't worn a cap and gown since high school graduation. I am having flashbacks of looking around the gymnasium at Villanova and seeing my classmates, friends and family. I remember the looks on there faces, they were excited for the new beginnings and proud of the past accomplishments.  As I finish getting ready I walk out of my apartment hoping to see the same looks from friends and family.

I arrived at the Liacours center right on time. I found where I needed to be so I would be in alphabetical order. While I wait for the ceremony to begin I see where my parents are sitting. I can see there faces, excited and proud. then we walk in.

As I look around at everyone wearing there caps and gowns I take a moment to realize that the college experience is over. Its been a rough couple over years but today is the day. All the late nights spent in the studio have paid off. All the friends in my class trying to take in the last moments like me. You can see all of the excitement on everyones faces. On to a new chapter in life, hopefully just as good as this one.


Moving
Ever since I was a little kid I wanted to live at the beach. Now this dream is becoming a reality. I have been saving up and researching for a few years now and can't wait to get away from the east coast winter weather. I am going to miss it. Oh yeah no i'm not.

I've packed up all that needs to make the journey with me to my new home in Venice California. Clothes, check, Furniture, check, plane ticket, check. As I lift the last box into the moving van I take a moment to look at the dead, cold landscape. I am really not going to miss this at all. I hoped into my car and drove to the airport, next stop sunny California.

As i got off the plane the seventy degree weather felt so great. Too bad it was raining, so much for sunny California huh. I get to my new apartment, which is located a block or two away from the beach, and I start to unpack. Once I get everything I need unpacked I looked outside. It was sunny and drying up by the second. I grabbed my skateboard and went for the first cruise around my new neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment